The InfoSight Model 2951 Automatic single-station Bar Tagging System for stationary bars, rounds, billets, blooms, etc. is the ideal bar code tag solution when it comes to MIG-welded tag identification of hot carbon steel bars with high contrast marking. For high alloy and/or stainless steel production InfoSight offers tag attachment via Nail in lieu of MIG-welding.
InfoTag® Billet Tagging System:
- Ensures data accuracy and cost-effective, up-to-the-minute inventory status.
- Utilizes commercially available scanning devices to read industry standard bar codes.
- Track products throughout manufacturing processes.
Identify & Track Billets with Laser Marked tags:
Variable Message Data (alphanumeric) & Logos marked directly on heat resistant stainless steel tags.
Bar Codes: Code 128 recommended for hot mill environments but DataMatrix, & Code 39 can also be marked.
- Custom-engineered system design to match your mill geometry
- Heavy-duty design for hot mill environments
- Automatic mill download of tag information to be marked
- State-of-the-art CO2 Laser-marking technology
- Tag is designed for superior laser mark ability and mark survival after attachment to 2000°F (1100°C) hot steel
- Redundant weld attachment of tags using two (2) MIG welder/wire feeder sets applying two (2) end welds to the tag
- Alternative tag attachment via Nail for high alloy and/or stainless steel production
- Tag bar codes can be scanned automatically downstream
|Tag Application||Single station system applies a high-temperature InfoTag® to one end-indexed bar at a time|
|Data Download||The System accepts Mill Computer download of the information to be marked on the tag|
|User-programmable Printing||The tag mark can contain text, bar codes and logos and the format is user-programmable|
|Automation||The System performs automatic tag marking and tag application without Operator intervention, other than for minimal maintenance and replenishment of tags / welding wire|
|Variable Tag Sizes||1.25 in. x 4 in. (32mm x 104mm ) tag size is standard—other sizes are available|
|Tag Attachment||Tag is securely attached with two (2) MIG welds at corners. Tag bare edges provide secure weld attachment.|
|Temperature Limits||Tag survives attachment to, and cool-down from 2000°F (1100°C) carbon steel|
|Tag Removal||Tag is typically consumed in reheat|
|Automated Bar Code Reading||Tag bar codes can be automatically read downstream using OptiCode® technology|
Also available in PDF format
Technical specifications are subject to change without notice
InfoTag is a registered trademark of InfoSight Corporation