The LabeLase® Producer™ software combines an easy-to-use tag layout designer with sophisticated tag production features to control InfoSight's LabeLase® tag printers. Supported printer models include LL1000, LL1000P, LL1000V, LL3000, LL28xx, and JM410. Version 2 of this software introduces many new features and simplifies the tag design and production process.
- Create Text, Barcode, Graphic, Line, Box and Ellipse fields
- No limit to the number of fields in a layout
- Move fields easily with drag-and-drop
- Rotate fields in 90 degree increments
- Add and delete fields easily with a mouse click
- Unlimited undo/redo to easily correct mistakes
- Optional placement grid with snap-to placement aid
- Optional Field anchor display shows field alignment
- Zoom In/Out for detailed display
- Tag can be shown with bare edges, punched holes/slots or a bend line
- Store tag layouts on disk (limited only by disk space available)
- Serial/USB/Ethernet connections
- Online help
New in Version 2
- Designer is a stand-alone program
- Full support for Unicode characters for foreign languages
- Multiple lines of text in a single field with automatic word wrapping
- Auto center text within a given space
- Tabbed interface allows editing multiple layouts simultaneously
- Unlimited cascading serial number sequences
- Multiple holes and slots are treated as “tools”
- Field property editor minimizes pop-up dialogs
- Layout field list for easy field selection and reordering
- "New" layout shows list of common tag formats
- Circular text on an arc
- Windows help system now web based
- Ribbon style editor
- ITLX file format replaces ITL - now stored in XML format, old format still supported
- Separation of data entry and printing
- Full job control including editing of queued print jobs
- Ability to load the job queue by opening an Excel, csv or tsv file (XLTags feature removed)
- Newer Excel files supported (xlsx)
- Ability to pause printing manually or via entered/downloaded data flags.
- Printer configuration management by Model/Serial Number to ensure validity of settings.
- Configuration and control of the service is now handled in the GUI
- Configuration settings are stored in an INI file accessible to all users for consistency
- Windows help system now web based
Should You Upgrade?
The latest version 2 of the Producer software has been completely redesigned to make it easier to design and print metal tags. However, some changes to the software, like the conversion from the ANSI character set to Unicode, can cause compatibility issues on existing installations. For most users, upgrading should be easy and straight-forward, and should problems arise it is simple to download and revert to the old V1x software.
If you are new to the InfoSight line of LabeLase® printers then we highly suggest you start with the new version 2 of Producer. You will find it much easier to use and its new features may better address your marking needs.
If you already have existing LabeLase® printers in your facility, you may want to stick with version 1x of the Producer software, since it will maintain compatibility with your existing processes. View the page here: LabeLase® Producer™ Software Version 1x
If you find that some of the new features in version 2 will help you solve a problem that you just couldn't quite solve with version 1, then go ahead and upgrade.
Note that the new version 2 software supports importing Excel spreadsheet files, but it no longer uses the XLTags feature to print them. Newer Excel files (xlsx) are now supported, and these data files are directly imported as jobs in the job queue. Because we no longer use XLTags, and because Producer can now perform word-wrap on individual fields, we no longer support splitting of the first spreadsheet column into multiple fields. It should be a simple matter of editing your layout to remove the extra fields and turn on word-wrap.
Minimum System Requirements
- IBM PC 100% Compatible Computer
- Windows 7 / 8/8.1 / 10 (32/64 bit)
- 1 Serial COM port, USB port, or Ethernet port (for connection to the printer).
- Color Monitor (1024x768 resolution or higher recommended)
Download Current Version
The LabeLase® Producer™ program is available for free download. Version 2 comes in single distribution for our complete line of LabeLase® printers: LL1000, LL1000P, LL1000V, LL3000, LL28xx, and JM410 Metal Tag Printers.
Before downloading, please review our Software / Firmware License Agreement
Version 2.3.1, English (US) released 04-08-2019 (approx 20.8MB)
View the Change Log
This software is provided as a single, self-installing executable file.
Once you have downloaded the file to a temporary folder on your hard drive, simply run the program and follow the on-screen instructions.
If you wish to uninstall the program from your system, run the "Uninstall LabeLase Producer" program from the Start menu, or use the Control Panel / Add-Remove Programs feature.
Version 1.x of the software is available if you feel that the current version is not suitable for your needs. LabeLase® Producer™ Software Version 1x
Please note that older versions of the software may not be able to open layout files made or modified with newer versions.
USB drivers for Windows are available for download that allow you to connect the LabeLase® printer to your PC using a USB port. The driver is supplied as a ZIP file that you must unzip before it can be installed. Be sure to maintain the ZIP file's relative path information when you unzip it.
Ethernet drivers for Windows are available for download that allow you to connect the LabeLase® 1000 or LabeLase® 1000P printer to your PC using an Ethernet network. The driver is supplied as a ZIP file that you must unzip before it can be installed.
Caution - This version of the Com Port Redirector MUST be installed as a clean install. You MUST remove any prior version from your computer before you install this new version 18.104.22.168. For detailed instructions on installing this software, please visit the Lantronix website.
LabeLase® Installer - Full Package CD
The LabeLase® Installer full package is available for download that contains the entire contents of the installer CD. The installer is supplied as a ZIP file that you must unzip before it can be installed. Be sure to maintain the ZIP file's relative path information when you unzip it.
Online Reference Manual
Note that both manuals are provided as PDF documents as part of the software installation.
Specifications are subject to change without notice.
LabeLase is a registered trademark of InfoSight Corporation.
Excel is a registered trademark of Microsoft.